Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for advancement? Are you ready to be challenged? The Mesa Fire and Medical Department is interested in hiring candidates who understand that education is the key to success and that learning is a lifelong experience. Recruitment opportunities and applications will be posted on this site when scheduled.
The following is an overview of the requirements for the position of Firefighter Recruit. Please see the Firefighter Recruit Job Description for complete information.
- 18 years of age by application closing date
- High school diploma or GED by application closing date
- EMT or Paramedic certification must be current at the time of conditional offer and must be kept current thereafter
- Passing current Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) scores from CPAT licensees only
- Beginning Salary $45,947
- Opportunities for Advancement Through Promotion
- 25-year Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Annual Vacation Leave
- Annual Sick Leave
- Uniform Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paramedic Assignment Pay
- Bilingual Pay
Things To Do
Outside Fire Related Links
|It's never too early to begin preparing for the firefighter recruit hiring process.||Links to national firefighter organizations|
This website will be updated when new information becomes available. (Access to the internet is also available at local libraries).