Applications for Fighter Recruit are not currently being accepted. Please check the City of Mesa Jobs Page for information about upcoming postings.
Are you looking for a challenging career with opportunities for advancement? It takes a special person to become a firefighter. It takes someone with a desire to do something important for the community; someone with courage and dedication; who isn’t afraid of hard work and is willing to accept the challenge of a difficult job.
Sign up for Job Interest Emails.
- 18 years of age by application opening date
- High school diploma or GED by application opening date
- EMT or Paramedic certification must be current at the time of conditional offer and must be kept current thereafter
- Passing current Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) scores from CPAT licensees only within previous 12 months of Intern Orientation
- Please see the Firefighter Recruit Job Description for more information
- Beginning Salary $45,947
- Opportunities for Advancement Through Promotion
- 25-year Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Annual Vacation Leave
- Annual Sick Leave
- Uniform Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paramedic Assignment Pay
- Bilingual Pay
It's never too early to begin preparing for the firefighter recruit hiring process.
- Find out more about the Candidate Physical Ability Test.
- Consider taking Community College EMT and Fire Science
- Review the Firefighter-Recruit job description.
- Check out the City of Mesa's benefit package.
- Check out the firefighter Public Safety Retirement Program.
- Learn about the Mesa Fire and Medical Department
- Interested in becoming a Fire Department Volunteer
- Spend some time to Sharpen Your Interview Skills
Other Related Links
- International Association of Firefighters www.iaff.org
- United Mesa Firefighters www.unitedmesaff.com
- Firefighter Affinity Groups:
This website will be updated when new information becomes available.